Monday, July 2, 2012

Bag the Bag

At each stage of our lives, we've all had those different types of the same thing. For example, our choice of ball pen during our elementary years may be different from that during our high school and  college years, or even at work. Such changes in choice simply show how things don't always fit us all the time. Sometimes, we have to accept the fact that what used to be the best choice for us no longer satisfies our needs and thus, has to be replaced by something we think could be a better alternative. And the only thing that we can do after the change or the so called switch is simply, to move on.

One example of my choice of something that has changed over the years include having to choose between a bag for school during elementary, during high school, and now for college. I don't usually buy branded or those top-of-the-hill priced bags, and not just that, I don't usually buy 2 to three bags unlike most more well-off people in the world. I used to get to buy just one bag and spend months with it as long as its good enough to serve its purpose: to carry things I need in my daily life.

During elementary, I'd rather buy a big and bulky trolley for a bag with lots of different girly designs. And since we all used to have a lot of books and notebooks during those years, I know that that kind of bag fitted me perfectly then. As for high school, my bag changed from a trolley to a body bag, since I used to have just one notebook (a binder) and the books during those years weren't needed everyday, such a bag fitted me then. Also during those years, I was content in buying such bags from SM Department Store. But now in college, being enrolled in a very arduous course, i.e. Occupational therapy, my bag has to change back to something big enough to accommodate all that Anatomy and Physiology books, at the same time, last long enough against the gruesome ever changing and harsh weather of Metro Manila. I had to accept the fact that I needed to buy a bag that can withstand such destructive forces.


I turned to my sister and made her buy me a JanSport bag in the UK. I was actually excited since it's going to be the first time that I'm going to have a branded bag for school. FYI, I have branded bags for hang-outs, but not for school stuff.


Anyways, so when I received my bag (YAY!) during the first week of June, 2012, I actually thought that I wasn't going to see other people with the same JanSport design. On the contrary, in University of Santo Tomas (UST) campus alone, I swear I could have seen already less than fifty students with the same design. It was kind of awkward at first, but then I thought, "hey, mine's authentic, so I'm not gonna care." Besides, what's the point of having to be disappointed just because other people have the same design as mine? I mean, they don't seem to care as well, and hey, it's not yet the end of the world. Furthermore, my baby JanSport need only to satisfy my need of having a sturdy bag for this gruesome year of internship.



So this is a picture of the JanSport bag that my sister gave me. I actually have a lot to love about this bag. Here are the top reasons why:

5. DESIGN: I really like the design since I'm a person who's actually inclined to arts although I'm not really a legit artist or anything like that. But since it's colorful, it somehow reflects my oh-so-colorful life and personality as well. So, thumbs up! 

4. SIZE: It's actually more spacious than it looks and it can accommodate my 13" macbook as well as a big notebook, clipboard, 2 planners, pencil case, other gadgets, lock and lock lunchbox, and one large and heavy book, but still has more free space for other stuff.

3. It's a JS. period.

2. I feel that whenever I have this bag on, it kind of emits that sturdy or very durable feel against my back, which I can't explain further...

1. But anyway, what I really liked most about this bag is how it's external texture actually kind of repels water, i.e. it does not absorb water much like an umbrella or you know that scene when a drop of water falls on a leaf of lotus and it just forms a small bead of water that stays there? it's kind of like that. :)

For such reasons and for other numerous reasons as well, this bag is actually a recommended must-have  for college students or simply for students who want to have trendy but very durable and functional bags. So, yes. I really liked this bag, and for something that I haven't tried at all or haven't asked anyone's opinion about such, it didn't fail to meet my expectations. More so, it's a JS, need I say more? Yes, indeed it's a bit pricey, but hey, it's all well worth it. For me, it's definitely the bag to bag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?

 

Template by Best Web Hosting