Monday, July 2, 2012

You Could Be Happy


Happiness is indeed our own choice. But more often than not, it’s a choice quite difficult to make.
These days are part of those times when you think nothing could ever get much worse, and then they do. It’s those days that all you can say is “When it rains, it pours.” I’m not actually one of those persons in this world who can look past something sad or depressing that easily. I’ve never been one of the happy-go-lucky ones. I tend to dwell on the things that make me sad or that are depressing. For me, these things are after all part of what made me ‘me’ right now, and what will continue to help shape the future ‘me’, as well. It’s difficult to say “ok lang iyan” when you know in your heart that nothing is really okay, and it’s not okay, definitely not.
Failure is a friend: it teaches us resiliency; it teaches us humility; it reminds us how it feels like when we don’t succeed. Life, after all, is not failure-free.” - Atty. A. Maneja, 2011
I have been saying this quote to myself a LOT more than what is acceptable for a lifetime. The 1st I heard this quote, it made a huge impact on me that I was crying on my seat. Until when it got old; until when it seemed that I took an arrow to the knee. I don’t know about you, but when do you actually say to yourself that enough is enough? Sometimes, you’d actually come to the point when you thought nothing more could ever go wrong since nothing seems to be right, and then the worse gets worst.
How do you choose to be happy when all the world’s walls seem to be closing in on you? During these times, happiness is like wishing for water in the middle of the desert; you know that you need it badly to survive, but no matter how much you actually wish for it, nothing ever comes… you just simply can’t have it at that time.
Yes, you could be happy. But the question is how? We all want to be happy. But how do you become happy when you know deep in your heart that no amount of serotonin can ever make you feel happy about something that broke so many of your loved ones’ hearts?
Minsan, maiisip mo na lang, “naging mabuti naman ako, ginawa ko ang lahat, ano pa bang kulang? wala ba akong karapatang maging masaya?”

One method to become happy is be grateful of all the blessings that one continually receive daily. But, it’s not that I’m not thankful, I am very grateful. It’s just that merong mga bagay-bagay sa buhay na hindi ganoon kadaling talikuran na lang para maging masaya.” And this is one of those. “Failure is part of life”, says Bill Gates. But it doesn’t have to mean that we always have to fail, sometimes, a little success would be nice, wouldn’t it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?

 

Template by Best Web Hosting